Facebook Market Place
Facebook is where people connect with friends, families and loved ones. Over the years, people have been buying and selling via Facebook buy and sell groups. However, in other to simplify this process, Facebook introduced the Facebook Marketplace.
In this post, we will tell you all you need to know about the Facebook market place, as well as how to buy and sell on the Facebook market place.
The Facebook Marketplace is an online place where people discover, buy and sell items. People can find what they’re looking for by filtering their results by location, category, and price. By listing on Marketplace, you can reach buyers where they already are.
To visit Marketplace, just tap on the shop icon at the bottom of the Facebook app and start exploring. When you sell something on Marketplace, you create a public listing that can be seen by anyone on Marketplace and in News Feed, search and other places on or off Facebook. All listings on Marketplace and buy and sell groups must follow Facebook Commerce Policies.
Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace offers an easy way to help increase the discovery of a brand and its products.
1. Extended Reach: Retailers on Marketplace will be able to get their brand and products into the marketplace.
2. Personalized customer experience: Facebook Marketplace surfaces products relevant to consumers, helping your business find the right customers.
This helps ensure that your product is being seen by the right audience, ultimately resulting in an increased opportunity that the interaction will lead to a purchase.
3. No listing fees: Unlike other marketplaces that take a percentage of each sale, Facebook Marketplace has no set listing fees.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
People and brands may list items in the following categories:
- Clothing & Accessories.
- Home & Garden.
Shoppers can view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product.
How to sell an item on the Facebook Marketplace
- Click Marketplace in the left column of News Feed.
- Click + Sell Something, then click Item for Sale.
- Enter a title for your listing, the price, your location and a category for the item (example: Furniture, Baby & Kids). You can also add a description. To mark an item as Free, you can enter 0 as the price.
- Click +10 Photos to upload a photo of your item from your computer.
- Click Post. If Post is grayed out, make sure you’ve included a title, price, location, photo, and category.
- Use a photo that clearly shows the item and its condition. If possible, include multiple, original photos of the item rather than a photo from a company website.
- Add a detailed description of the item and its condition. Be sure to describe any stains or tears.
- If you’re selling used clothing or shoes, make sure they’re as clean as possible.
- If you’re selling personal hygiene items, these items should be brand-new and in the original, sealed packaging.
- Before meeting the buyer, make sure you both agree on the price of the item and the exact location of your meeting place.
- Have the buyer look over the item and make sure it’s what they want before you accept payment.
- If you can’t meet the buyer at the time you both agreed on, message them and try to reschedule another time.
How to Buy Something on the Facebook Marketplace
- From Facebook.com, click Marketplace in the top left.
- Click an item you want to buy.
- Click Message to send a custom message to the seller, or click Ask for Details to automatically send a message asking about availability.
- Please be patient. Sellers receive many messages and may need time to reply.
- Before meeting the seller, make sure that you know the condition of the item. Both of you should also agree on the price of the item and the exact location of your meeting place.
- When you meet the seller, look over the item and make sure it’s what you want before paying.
- If you can’t meet the seller at the time you both agreed on, message them and try to reschedule another time.
How to search an Item on the Facebook Marketplace by Distance or New Listing
- Distance from your location
- When the listing was created (new listings)
- Open the Facebook app for iPhone or Android app. This feature isn’t currently available on a computer or the Facebook Lite app.
- From the Facebook app, tap .
- Scroll down and tap Marketplace. If you don’t see Marketplace, tap See More.
- Tap Search Marketplace at the top and enter what you’re looking for (example: table).
- Tap Filters in the top right.
- Tap Sort by. Select Recently posted to sort by the time the listing was created, or select Distance to sort by distance from your location.
- Tap Apply.