Facebook is unarguably the biggest social media network with over 1.71 billion users. Even though it is very popular, there might come a time when you want to deactivate Facebook Account or you just want to know what it feels like to deactivate Facebook account temporarily?
Also Read: How To Cancel Sent Facebook Friend Requests
If that’s not what you want, then maybe you want to delete Facebook account permanently. Is there a difference between deleting your facebook account permanently and deactivating it temporarily?
DEACTIVATE AND DELETE FB ACCOUNT- DIFFERENCE
Here are some of the major differences between deleting your facebook account and deactivating it .
- When you delete, you can not reactivate your account: This means the account is gone forever but when you deactivate it, you can always reactivate it
- When you deactivate your account, Facebook saves some records but when you delete it, it is gone permanently.
So now that you know the major differences, let me show you the process to follow if you want to deactivate your account. For those you prefer to watch, you can jump to the video directly.
Note: This article has a new update here : Deactivate Facebook Account… This is because Facebook has made changes to settings.
5 Steps to take to deactivate Facebook account Temporarily
Login to the Facebook account you want to delete. It could be a page or a personal account.
To Deactivate Facebook account, Click the account menu at the top right of any Facebook page
Click Security in the left column
Choose Deactivate your account, then follow the steps to confirm.
If you chose to deactivate your Facebook account, be sure to note that followings:
- Your account won’t be visible to other people on Facebook as people won’t be able to search for you.
- Some information, such as messages you sent to friends, might still be visible to others.
- You can reactivate whenever you want to. This is because Facebook will save some information like friend’s list, things and places you express interest in
Thats how far we can go as far as this article is concerned. Its our hope that you have learned how to deactivate your Facebook account, haven’t you? Good. If you still have some other question you wish to ask, kindly use the comment section down and we shall get back o you as soon as possible. Do you like the article you just read? please use the comment section down below and we shall get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks.